We can’t get enough of this vegetable supreme pizza. The dish is packed with flavorful ingredients including mushrooms, green pepper, red onion, feta cheese, and oregano.
In order to help you prepare the best handmade pizza possible, Alex and I are both committed to the cause. To help you prepare the greatest pizza at home, we have compiled a huge collection of pizza recipes and materials. Are you prepared to try our latest pizza obsession? This is the ultimate vegetarian dish. Yes, it’s a supreme pizza with all your favourite vegetables and a savoury, meaty flavour. In what way do we do this? In any case, read on to find out all our exclusive information. Here’s the recipe, so keep reading!
Completely epic pizza toppings
For that matter, what exactly goes into making a supreme pizza? Some investigation has shown that there seems to be a wide range of supreme pizza topping options. The following are common components of a supreme pizza.
- Pepperoni \sSausage
- Pepper, green
- Onion, red
- Slavic black olives
Beyond that, however, there are a plethora of variants. Read on to find out what we put on our pizza for the ultimate vegetarian version.
How to Make the Ultimate Vegetable Pizza
We eliminated the pepperoni and sausage from our vegetarian supreme pizza. But we utilised our tried-and-true method: fennel seed to provide a meaty taste. Sausage makes use of fennel seed, so when you consume it, your mind automatically associates it with the flavour of sausage. Adding fennel seed to the sautéing process imparts a rich, meaty aroma and taste to the mushrooms. To it, we may add the usual bell pepper and onion, as well as a touch of feta cheese for extra saltiness and delicious flavour. It’s just as filling as a supreme pizza from the delivery guy, but it’s a lot better for you.
A superb pizza sauce is the other key to making a fantastic vegetarian supreme pizza. Our own Easy Pizza Sauce, created with fire-roasted tomatoes and garlic, is featured here. The use of fire-roasted tomatoes is crucial, since they provide a sweet and tangy flavour rather than the more normal bitterness of canned tomatoes. Use the best quality tomato you can find if you can’t get fire-roasted tomatoes.
It goes without saying that the dough is the foundation of every good pizza. Different people have different preferences and kitchen setups, so we’ve included a few pizza dough recipes. Our favourite pizza dough is made using a stand mixer, but you can alternatively knead it by hand. The dough for our Easy Thin Crust is similarly prepared, but it is rolled out to a much smaller thickness. Our food processor pizza dough is as convenient.
The necessary resources
You’ll need some specialised equipment to make a vegetarian supreme pizza. Those are the two essentials for making the best pizza crust. Everything you need to prepare authentic Italian pizza, listed below:
- A pizza stone is what gives Italian pizza its signature crispy outside and chewy inside. Find out what pizza stone we think is the finest and how to take care of it.
- To transfer the pizza from the pizza peel to the heated pizza stone, a pizza peel is utilised. We suggest either this Standard pizza peel or this Conveyor pizza peel. It’s well worth it to spend the additional money on the conveyor, since doing so makes removing the pizza from the oven a breeze.
Pizza lovers, this superb vegetable version is…
- To Make the Best Pizza, Use 1 Ball of the Best Dough (or Food Processor Dough or Thin Crust Dough)
- Best Homemade Pizza Sauce, Proportioned to One-Third Cup
- There are 4 little bella mushrooms.
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Fennel seed, half a teaspoon
- Half of a green pepper
- 14 of a red pepper
- Red onion, cut thinly, a handful
- 1/4 of a loaf of bread
- Two teaspoons of crumbled feta
- a pinch of dried oregano
- Pure, kosher salt
- For coating the pizza stone, you may use semolina flour or cornmeal.
- Prepare the dough for the pizzas by following the instructions in the Best Pizza Dough recipe. (Preparation time is about 15 minutes, and relaxation time is around 45 minutes.)
- Fire up the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and put a pizza stone in it. Alternatively, heat up your pizza oven (this is the one we use).
- Concoct the pizza toppings by: Preparing the 5 Minute Pizza Sauce is a breeze.
- Prep the condiments by: Mini bella mushrooms should be cut into slices. In a low-sided pan, warm the olive oil. Warm the oil in a skillet and add the mushrooms and fennel seeds. Cook for 3–5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are golden brown and the fennel seeds have released their moisture. Sprinkle in 3 pinches of kosher salt and keep cooking for another few minutes. Take it away from the stove.
- Cut the green pepper into small pieces. Peppers should be sliced very thinly. Cut the red onion into thin slices.
- Prepare a pizza peel by dusting it with cornmeal or semolina flour and placing it in the oven when it is hot. (A rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet may be used in place of a pizza peel if you don’t have one. But, you should definitely spend the money on a pizza peel. For instructions on how to accomplish this, read How to Stretch Pizza Dough. Then, transfer the dough on the pizza peel with care.
- Apply a little coating of pizza sauce to the dough by spreading it around with the back of a spoon. Insert the mozzarella cheese. Scatter some feta cheese crumbles on top, along with some mushrooms, peppers, red onion, and tomato. Garnish with a touch of kosher salt and some dried oregano.
- Carefully move the pizza from the peel to the hot pizza stone. Put the pizza in the oven for 5–7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dough is golden (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Cut into bite-sized pieces and serve right away.