Making a flatbread pizza is a breeze, and it’s perfect as a light snack or a quick meal. Choose your preferred pizza toppings and whip up a quick meal using store-bought dough.
Here, we only serve authentic, handcrafted Italian pizza. On the other hand, we are all about quick fixes for busy weeknights. The pizza on a flatbread is introduced! This might be a simple supper or a fancy first course. Here, we start with a thin and crisp crust and pile on tomato sauce, mozzarella, arugula, Parmesan cheese, and a balsamic reduction drizzle. However, feel free to put any toppings you wish on your pizza. Here’s the recipe for a simple and fast pizza.
Defining “flatbread pizza” seems impossible.
Despite its widespread popularity, the term “flatbread pizza” lacks a universally accepted meaning. While some define it as any pizza with a thin crust, others limit it to square or rectangular pies. Some people call it flatbread pizza, while others disagree. We used the second meaning for this dish’s ingredients. In our opinion, it is a pizza since it is created using flatbread. Because of this, it can be made quickly and easily, and it tastes a little different than the pizza we usually eat. It’s very much in the vein of Naan Pizza, Tortilla Pizza, English Muffin Pizza, Pita Pizza, and Pizza Bagels.
Made-at-home flatbread vs store-bought
The greatest flatbread pizza is created using homemade flatbread. However, some assembly is required. You may want to make your own appetizer if you’re going for flavor. A ready-made meal from the supermarket is the perfect solution for a hectic weeknight. Several Observations
- Homemade flatbread: Flatbread may be created at home with this Easy Flatbread recipe in around 1 hour (30 minutes of which are hands-off). As a result, the preparation time for this flatbread pizza using handmade flatbread is comparable to that of a thin-crust pizza. Why, what are the benefits? The flatbread may be prepared ahead of time; the procedure is simpler; and a pizza peel or stone is unnecessary.
- Store bought flatbread: Using premade flatbread from the grocery makes this flatbread pizza recipe quite convenient. Find the best bread you can; naan bread or pita bread without pockets is ideal.
For a quick and easy pizza, try these flatbread pizza ingredients.
The last components for your flatbread pizza are here. The process is straightforward: prebake the crust in a 450 F oven until gently crisped, then add the toppings and return to the oven for a few more minutes to melt the cheese. You may see our tools below:
- Flatbread: To make the Easy Flatbread, we melted some cheese and spread it on the flatbread. melted mozzarella cheese with thinly sliced Parmesan
- Veggies: Cherry tomatoes with red onion slices
- Seedling arugula: Look for the little versions, please! Spice levels in the standard fare are just too high.
- A balsamic drizzle: Balsamic reduction (or a commercial version) is a tasty addition that may be omitted from the recipe if desired.
- The Pine Nuts: The roasted pine nuts provide an extra nutty kick.
Additional 10 toppings for flatbreads
Any toppings you choose may be used on a flatbread pizza. Some of our favourite concepts are as follows:
- Margherita pizzas include tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil on top. I highly recommend the Perfect Margherita Pizza.
- Traditional cheddar. Get creative with your own homemade cheese pizza.
- Spicy basil pesto with juicy tomatoes. To learn more, check out Pesto Pizza.
- Cheese and bean burritos. Taco pizza, as it were.
- Included are mushrooms, greens, and feta cheese. Look at the Supreme Vegetable Pizza.
- Cucumber, arugula, and red bell pepper. For the healthiest pizza options, see the list of our favorites.
- Two healthy vegetables: spinach and artichokes. Pizza with Spinach and Artichokes
- In this case, mushrooms and greens. For more information on truffle pizza, go here.
- Sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and baby spinach. Check out the Mediterranean Pizza.
Ideas for toppings on flatbread pizza
- Salad greens. A few great salads to try are the Perfect Italian Salad, Chopped Salad, Best Tossed Salad, Classic Spinach Salad, Arugula Beet Salad, and Fennel Orange Salad.
- Energizing salad. If you’re looking for something heartier, try our quinoa salad, kale quinoa salad, simple chickpea salad, or French lentil salad.
- Veggies. Make some simply sautéed broccoli, sautéed spinach, best-sautéed mushrooms, or sautéed rainbow chard to go with it while it’s baking.
This recipe for flatbread pizza is…
- Four Different Types of Flatbread (or purchased flatbreads)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for use in a brush
- 2-garlic cloves
- Cheese: 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- Tomatoes, about a handful’s worth (or 1 thin sliced tomato)
- Red onion, cut thinly, about a handful’s worth (optional)
- 1.5 cups of baby arugula
- Parmesan shavings, for a finishing touch
- An Accompaniment of Balsamic Reduction for Garnish
- A garnish of toasted pine nuts
- Turn the oven temperature up to 450 degrees F.
- Chop the garlic cloves very finely. Half the cherry tomatoes and season with a little salt. Baby arugula should be mixed with little olive oil in a small dish.
- Spread the flatbreads out on the oven rack and bake for 3–4 minutes, or until faintly crisp (the time may vary depending on the thickness of the bread).
- Take the loaves out and set them on a baking pan. Olive oil and minced garlic may be used to enhance the flavour of the crusts. Scatter some shredded mozzarella cheese and a little bit of salt on top. Bake for a further 2–3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, and then add the cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan shavings and baby arugula over top. Toss with toasted pine nuts and balsamic reduction, if using.